Hi everyone, sorry for not posting last week; I wasn’t feeling too well. Winter is definitely here in the U.S. Take care of yourselves and stay safe on the roads. Hopefully you all don’t succumb to the flu or major illnesses.
Inspired and Motivated by Someone
This is a concept that I’m sure you all can relate to in some shape or form. There is that one person who always motivates you to try something new or inspires you to never give up. This person also brings out the best qualities in you and helps you generate new ideas and maybe helps you view life in another perspective. If you know someone like this, that’s wonderful. You actually might have a few people like this instead of just one which is fabulous.
Envyness and Jealous by Someone
Now let’s look at the other side of the coin. So that person or people who inspire you, ask yourself this, have you ever been jealous or envyness of them? If not, that’s fine. If you answered yes, let’s look into this. Did they get something you wanted? Did they achieve something very easily while you struggle with it? Did you think that these people don’t have a worry in the world while your stressed everyday? Do they have the life you want while your trying and/or struggling to build it?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, your not alone. I can relate to this and this is a concept that happens every single day. Jealousy is a thing as well as envy. Now are you a bad person for thinking like this? The answer is no, as long as you don’t lash out toward anyone or them.
You can be inspired by someone and then you can be jealous of them the next minute. Why is that you ask, well it depends on how you view your self-worth. If your satisfied with how you view yourself and how your life is, then this special person is going to inspire and motivate you. If you aren’t happy with your life and aren’t satisfied with what you have, then jealously and envy will take over your thoughts.
For one thing, someone is always going to be better than you at something and that’s a fact. Second, people have the desire to always strive for more. This isn’t a bad thing, but if you aren’t grateful for what you get and already have, then it can be a bad thing. Remember there are people out there who don’t have what you have and would do anything to have it. You may think things are mediocre and not glamorous in your life, but to another person you have a glamorous life.
There are some ways to avoid feeling jealous and envyness toward that person or those people who inspire and motivate you:
- Be grateful for what you already have. This includes the small things as I have mentioned in the past like a bed, food, clean clothes, towels, etc. This will solidify a foundation of positive thoughts that you can build on
- Build your confidence. Theres always exercising. Try new things, like a new food, or visit a new location. Add some healthy foods to your diet. Your body will thank you by rewarding you with a positive feeling.
- Say positive things about yourself. Positive self-talk can go a long way and be good for your conscious especially for your subconscious.
- Smile at the small things. Whether your listening to some music, playing with your pet, made someone laugh and smile, or looking at nature. Smiling and acknowledging them will lift your morale.
- Look back on your accomplishments. There are things you achieved that others haven’t. Big or small these accomplishments are a testament to who you are which is something no one can take away.
Overall, the way your mind is wired will determine how you think about these special people or person in your life. If your not comfortable with who you are, then your more likely to be jealous and envyness of these kind of people. Social comparison is another concept that will make you feel uncomfortable in this aspect.
I can relate to this. It took me time to rewire my mindset and be inspired by a few special people in my life instead of envying them. They are on there own path in life and I have my own. I didn’t need to compete with them; when that finally clicked, a great weight was lifted off my shoulders. So if I could do it, you can too.
Take care, stay safe, and remember your not alone and you have worth in this world.